Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum

Go down 
+11
Admin
markhoopy
andysej
philswiv
Artie
sobriety
Haggler
Alan H
Rob62
wozzap
Wolfie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie

Artie

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 18:52

wozzap wrote:
Admin wrote:
Oh dear, he has been a busy little bee Very Happy theres's a feckin million posts.

And you lot... Set of barsteds..  Publicly saying goodbye too, Gary will be pissed with me now. Embarassed

Fuck him, this is about mates Cool

Has he joined here yet?

Couldn,t agree more Mitch I suppose we all knew it was going to happen it just needed a catalyst so thanks to Randall the troll for that.
I pulled myself off the forum with a heavy heart but wasn,t going to put up with that sick rubbish knowing that if the forum and the moderators had been looked after properly it would not have been allowed to happen.
I seem to remember years ago Phil offering to take the forum on but Gary having none of it but hay-ho onwards and upwards we,ll make a success of this one.
Back to top Go down
Russpuss

Russpuss

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 20:00

I deleted myself today, then good old gaz deleted me off his FB! How am I going to sleep tonight?!
Back to top Go down
markhoopy

markhoopy

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 20:57

Russpuss wrote:
I deleted myself today, then good old gaz deleted me off his FB! How am I going to sleep tonight?!

Soundly.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 21:10

Theres another moderator on there, apart from parky, this one could potentially log in and delete everybody’s account if he feels like it... not that I’m suggesting he would do, cos he has full global moderator rights and thus can delete anybody except robbo (i know that cos i tried it meself)..... only kidding Very Happy

Even though he hasn't logged on for over a year his access is still in place.... thats another reason why you need an active admin....
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 21:13

Anyway none of this is about Gary at all..... it purely about securing the future of our community and getting it into the control of the members...... Gary effectively left the community years ago, he prefers facebook nd is on there most nights i believe.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 21:18

Artie wrote:
wozzap wrote:
Admin wrote:
Oh dear, he has been a busy little bee Very Happy theres's a feckin million posts.

And you lot... Set of barsteds..  Publicly saying goodbye too, Gary will be pissed with me now. Embarassed

Fuck him, this is about mates Cool

Has he joined here yet?

Couldn,t agree more Mitch I suppose we all knew it was going to happen it just needed a catalyst so thanks to Randall the troll for that.
I pulled myself off the forum with a heavy heart but wasn,t going to put up with that sick rubbish knowing that if the forum and the moderators had been looked after properly it would not have been allowed to happen.
I seem to remember years ago Phil offering to take the forum on but Gary having none of it but hay-ho onwards and upwards we,ll make a success of this one.
Hehehe well said, both of you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 21:21

Ooo, I didn't know that bit about Gary on FB whilst not showing any interest in the Forum, but there was a hint of it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21 2017, 09:49

If you all vote for me to be Yorkshire Mayor (see t'other thread), I'll sort all the forums (forae) out 1st job - even before I ban vegetarian transexuals (whatever they are).
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21 2017, 10:29

Wolfie wrote:
That's not quite what he said on the phone a moment ago.. I won't go into details but he is gonna consider the future of the Forum.

We are still friends, so that's a bonus.

I'm pleased if you are, that's more important than this in the great scheme of things.
As Artie said it was always coming, so respect to you for standing up and grasping the nettle.
Back to top Go down
ardee

ardee

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22 2017, 20:39

I don't know what has been going on but, and I speak from personal experience here, if someone is suffering with depression it is incredibly hard to force yourself to do anything. If Gary has been in that situation he will have really struggled and only something out of the ordinary may have prompted him into action. I have no idea if this is the case and I don't have any inside info, nor am I defending him but I just wanted to put a suggestion out there as to what *may* have happened.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22 2017, 21:49

Between the mass mail I sent, this thread and Garys Apology thread. I think there is pretty much all of the story within those three.

I simply got worried about the lack of a second Admin (we fell for that one before) which he wouldn't add despite his problems, lack of coming online etc (although going on FB apparently). If anything happens to Gary, it's goodbye Forum too.

I've had my own issues recently and things do get you down sometimes it's part of life I reckon unlike a real medical depression, but instead of letting stuff get to me I decided to get off me arse and change things, firstly myself.
It looked like the only way to have a democratic Forum would be to start one, no one was surprised-er than myself how many people said yes! and how quickly people have come on board.

Thanks for the support everyone. I guess that would be from Rob (Admin) too.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22 2017, 22:20

Yes, a big thanks from me to.. the forum is all about its members and many of us have become good friends over the years... we just wanted to secure it for the future and this was the only way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22 2017, 22:41

H
ardee wrote:
I don't know what has been going on but, and I speak from personal experience here, if someone is suffering with depression it is incredibly hard to force yourself to do anything.  If Gary has been in that situation he will have really struggled and only something out of the ordinary may have prompted him into action.  I have no idea if this is the case and I don't have any inside info, nor am I defending him but I just wanted to put a suggestion out there as to what *may* have happened.
Hi Tracy. I dont know what goes on with Gary either, I know he has problems as do many other folk. But i get tired of hearing the excuses about all his problems whenever he is challenged about his lack of interest in the forum, and I have told him so recently. He is now making promises on the old forum, the same ones he has repeatedly made over the last three years at least. Yet many know that he regularly posts on FB...on an almost nightly basis. He has every opportunity to join in and share the forum but choses not to.

There is no bitterness on our part in this situation, Gary was given the opportunity to cooperate but as always in the past, he refused..... We all remain friends and I hope that Gary will decide to rejoin us on the forum and also in person on his bikes.. Roll on Spring cheers
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 09:15

I've known Gary for around 5+yrs now and he has always had these issues, so like a good few on here I've heard it all before. I like the lad, but we all have issues to deal with and life goes on, but risking the forum like he did was unnecessary and I fail to see what he thinks he is gaining, the forum is only as good as its members, so if people lose interest or get spammed like we all did and leave, then what does he have ?

Having several people who have admin rights is the best way to protect the forum and keep it going, having just one is just a risk that is unnecessary, especially when the person who has it bearly comes on the forum
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 09:23

muttsnuts wrote:
I've known Gary for around 5+yrs now and he has always had these issues, so like a good few on here I've heard it all before. I like the lad, but we all have issues to deal with and life goes on, but risking the forum like he did was unnecessary and I fail to see what he thinks he is gaining, the forum is only as good as its members, so if people lose interest or get spammed like we all did and leave, then what does he have ?

Having several people who have admin rights is the best way to protect the forum and keep it going, having just one is just a risk that is unnecessary, especially when the person who has it bearly comes on the forum

You are quite right Dave.
I think the issue previously with these boards was that the "owner" thought they were going to be worth something and they would eventually get bought out of it for the member list or at least access to the members for advertising purposes. It's pretty clear now that this is never going to be the case, and really there is no advantage to hanging on to control autocratically as there is certainly several precedents where the board has gone because of this outmoded thinking.
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 09:37

Hi Mitch, yes old thinking indeed, 10yrs back, maybe, but the likes of FB etc has put an end to all of that
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 17:07

Just an observation here.
Wolfie is still a member of the 'old' forum. No longer a mod, but still a member with over 2660 posts showing.
Now, I don't see any issues with anyone posting on one, t'other or both. It's up to each one of us to do what we want and I'm quite sure folks will choose what they like.
Personally, I'll be on both as I like bikes, and personalities shouldn't come into it.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 18:33

You mean he was banned but now the ban has been lifted..... i know he was banned because i saw his id on the banned list.... if we’re having a story lets have all of it, not just the “he’s still a member bit”
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 19:33

That's what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 20:20

Alan H wrote:
Just an observation here.
Wolfie is still a member of the 'old' forum. No longer a mod, but still a member with over 2660 posts showing.
Now, I don't see any issues with anyone posting on one, t'other or both. It's up to each one of us to do what we want and I'm quite sure folks will choose what they like.
Personally, I'll be on both as I like bikes, and personalities shouldn't come into it.

Good point in theory Alan, but I see one of your fellow moderators is already dictating what can’t be posted on there now. You could perhaps remind him that this isn’t fucking China and maybe then we can all rub along together.
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23 2017, 23:28

Let's see how it all goes.
I shall continue to post in my calm, well balanced and non-sarcastic way as usual, no matter which place I post (and there are a few, I can tell you!)
What could possibly go wrong? Shocked
Back to top Go down
markhoopy

markhoopy

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 24 2017, 15:37

wozzap wrote:
Good point in theory Alan, but I see one of your fellow moderators is already dictating what can’t be posted on there now. You could perhaps remind him that this isn’t f*k China and maybe then we can all rub along together.

Ahhh .. the abuse of power. Hopefully the spammers will take note and not bother posting there any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2