Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

proper shed build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dollydog

dollydog

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptyThu Oct 26 2017, 18:54

god knows what year this was. gt250 frame, 1965 t10 250 engine. electric start et al Very Happy
proper shed build T10a
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Drewpy

Drewpy

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptyFri Oct 27 2017, 13:43

strange seat though
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptyFri Oct 27 2017, 15:22

With the gear pedal at that angle, it was probably a good thing that the gear sequence on a T10 was 0-1-2-3-4-0-1 etc. You didn't need to change down and could change up back through neutral to 1st again. Suzuki dropped the idea when they realised that the expense of replacing gearboxes was costing big money when bikers went for 5th (neutral) then tried again and hit 1st - at 75mph!

Nice bikes the T10, the 1st ex father in law had one back in late 1971, a few months before I got my first GT550.
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 09:30

few things to answer here, so here goes Very Happy
drewpy, that was my first [and last] attempt at building a complete seat from scratch. i cut the base out of ali, cut and shaped the foam, glued the batting on and sewed the cover together [i used to use a sewing machine every day at work]. at the time i was dead chuffed with it, now i think it's appalling Very Happy
alan, if you sat on it you would understand why the gearlever is there. it's impossible to put your feet straight out once you've got hold of the clip-ons, they naturally point downwards Very Happy as for the gearbox? i'd read a revue before i had this, so when the engine was stripped, i altered the gear selector - which is very similar to the 185 - and took a peg out of the selector drum. it's as easy as that. remove one peg and once you're in 4th gear and try for 5th, it does nowt Very Happy lovely little gearbox [love the neutral being on the end], apart from the ridiculously thin and complicated return spring on the selector.
when i get some room in the shed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy this is the first bike in for a rebuild.
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Drewpy

Drewpy

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 11:10

well done if its all your own work. a special is never finished Smile
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 12:07

you're damned right there Very Happy
getting the engine lined up was a nightmare. if you know owt about t10's you'd know they don't have a front downtube on the frame. the engine hangs. i sorted it in the end though Very Happy
one other thing i don't like is to get the engine out you have to remove the swingarm first, because
of that bit of crankcase that covers the front sprocket. even with the barrels off it won't come out,
and i didn't want to alter the crankcases. what a bloody job Very Happy found it out to my cost after rebuilding
the back end and putting the wheels and forks on before fitting the engine Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy what i want to try when it's time is due is get a x5 5-speed gearbox to fit. should be a laugh cheers
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 13:33

Kinda bike that will get plenty of attention at your local classic meet....Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 17:13

Yeh, the anoraks will have a fit (hopefully!)
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build EmptySat Oct 28 2017, 19:27

i'd do anything to piss the rivet counters off Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cheers, dd.
proper shed build T10c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

proper shed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: proper shed build   proper shed build Empty

Back to top Go down

proper shed build
Page 1 of 1