Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Motogp philip island

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Motogp philip island   Sun Oct 22 2017, 10:58

wow what a race.... watch it if you get chance!!.... dicing on every corner, awesome !
Back to top Go down
dollydog

PostSubject: Re: Motogp philip island   Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:48

you'd have thought with a track like phillip island it would have been perfect for the ducatis, but they were nowhere. it was hammering down all through warm up, while i was eating me crisp sandwiches Very Happy
i wish the rain had kept on, it throws some right weird results out Very Happy
cheers, dd.
ps, the wss race was well worth watching too.
Back to top Go down
Steve63

PostSubject: Re: Motogp philip island   Tue Nov 07 2017, 13:15

Rob62 wrote:
wow what a race.... watch it if you get chance!!.... dicing on every corner, awesome !

My favourite track to watch racing on and this years was a belter! The fast right at the end of the start-finish straight sorts the men from the boys and no stupid chicanes.

Crutchlow normally goes well there, a bit of an understatement seeing as he won his first dry race there but I do recall him passing Rossi on that very corner maybe on the Tech 3 Yam.

Fast tracks tend to give close racing. The theory being that slip-streaming on long straights allows riders to close up on the bike in front.

It seems like the Ducati likes long straights but those preceded by tight slow corners and ending in tight slow corners. They don't seem to like high speed corners.

After Valencia I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! Britsh/World Superbikes and GP's all done Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motogp philip island   

Back to top Go down

Motogp philip island
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic 2Stroke Yorks :: General Chit-Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: