Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mikuni carb gaskets

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dollydog

dollydog

mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29 2017, 17:57

thanks wolfie Very Happy
getting those inserts out is a barsteward of a job. i needed the ones off my t10 carbs to re-use when i put the x5 carbs on it. think what i did was keep lifting a tiny bit up with a sharpened object and keep squirting penetrating fluid under it til it slid out Very Happy other than that, sorry.
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29 2017, 18:22

I got one out by forcing washers down the tiny gap behind it, then used the washers to press it out from behind.
I had one washer behind another Phenolic but then smashed it to pieces with the pressing.

Luckily I have some spare and even some scrap Carb bodies so I have another three leeway to play.. But I'd rather not lose that advantage.
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30 2017, 21:53

ordered a sheet of a4 sized x 1mm. should get 11 gaskets out of it. £3.75 and a couple of hours work will do for me Very Happy will post pics if i'm feeling sad enough to post a photo of a carb gasket Very Happy
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30 2017, 22:40

That's cheep enough to have a play, let us know how it goes.

I'm now two up on the removed Phenolics from my old/scrap/spare carbs, I'm aiming for three then when I try remove them from my original carbs I have the insurance to replace them if it doesn't work.

I've fitted larger stubs and found that with a minimum of sanding the OD of the stub, it will fit in a carb mouth once the Phenolic is removed.
I can restore an airtight seal by adding a silicone O Ring in the mouth.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   mikuni carb gaskets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

mikuni carb gaskets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2