Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

mikuni carb gaskets

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dollydog

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   Sun Oct 29 2017, 17:57

thanks wolfie Very Happy
getting those inserts out is a barsteward of a job. i needed the ones off my t10 carbs to re-use when i put the x5 carbs on it. think what i did was keep lifting a tiny bit up with a sharpened object and keep squirting penetrating fluid under it til it slid out Very Happy other than that, sorry.
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   Sun Oct 29 2017, 18:22

I got one out by forcing washers down the tiny gap behind it, then used the washers to press it out from behind.
I had one washer behind another Phenolic but then smashed it to pieces with the pressing.

Luckily I have some spare and even some scrap Carb bodies so I have another three leeway to play.. But I'd rather not lose that advantage.
Back to top Go down
dollydog

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   Mon Oct 30 2017, 21:53

ordered a sheet of a4 sized x 1mm. should get 11 gaskets out of it. £3.75 and a couple of hours work will do for me Very Happy will post pics if i'm feeling sad enough to post a photo of a carb gasket Very Happy
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   Mon Oct 30 2017, 22:40

That's cheep enough to have a play, let us know how it goes.

I'm now two up on the removed Phenolics from my old/scrap/spare carbs, I'm aiming for three then when I try remove them from my original carbs I have the insurance to replace them if it doesn't work.

I've fitted larger stubs and found that with a minimum of sanding the OD of the stub, it will fit in a carb mouth once the Phenolic is removed.
I can restore an airtight seal by adding a silicone O Ring in the mouth.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mikuni carb gaskets   

Back to top Go down

mikuni carb gaskets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic 2Stroke Yorks :: In the Garage / Workshop :: Technical Questions-
Jump to: