Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

another money pit.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yam3anarthur

yam3anarthur

another money pit..... Empty
PostSubject: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySat Oct 17 2020, 17:20

bought this last weekend and just got the v5 today. only an extra £7 to insure on my carole nash policy. (plus £35 admin fee!!!!!)

IMG_9866

already got an airsal 72.5cc cylinder to fit on it and a phbg 19mm carb (my faves got em on all 3 of my mopeds)

but im gonna go the av 10 motor (reed valves as std) route with 80cc kit and cases/crank to suit and home made pipe which hopefully see, with the right gearing 60mph.

i always wanted to go all out on my rd350 and get it bored out stroked etc but never got round to it due to the expense, but it so much cheaper on these tiny things and it does put a much bigger smile on your face.
its serious stuff on the rd but on these mobies its almost silly.

at the moment ive streetfightered it

but ill try and post back with pics when its restored.

Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySat Oct 17 2020, 22:28

Avu won the Postcode lottery or summink?
Back to top Go down
yam3anarthur

yam3anarthur

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySun Oct 18 2020, 11:19

£450 quid? thats a days wage in west yorkshire isnt it?

the other moped was bought last year in feb and i sold my zx6r last december for a grand paving the way for 2 wheeled tomfoolery.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySun Oct 18 2020, 15:07

I have to get up two hours before I go to bed, and work 25 hours for eight days a week to earn that sort of money..

Not sure if you know that I sold the VZ50 late last year Al.. Because of Covid I'm still spending the actual notes I got for it.. BUT, I missed it almost as the fella drove down the drive with it in his van.. Mad

Both those look like pretty rare machines to me, you're a very lucky boy.. Good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
yam3anarthur

yam3anarthur

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySun Oct 18 2020, 16:45

to be fair wolfie most of the fun with these bikes is the tinkering/doing up. did you do the vz up?
once they're completed there's not much point to them and for me they turn into dust gatherers.
my m50 sport got all the attention in the world, proper resto pipes big bore cylinders carbs etc

but now its neglected and hasnt been ridden in anger for 18 months.

Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySun Oct 18 2020, 21:08

Almost everything needed restoring, it might even have been a donor bike.
It came with no top end parts at all, it had obviously had a seizure looking at the remains of the piston.
I traded parts and worked for other parts, put M50 barrel and Piston in. Traded an old white TopBox for an Exhaust system..
Rebuilt the engine during all this of course. But then it had just become a dust gatherer.. Having stood for almost three years I really expected the brown manky fuel in the tank to have gunged up the carb but it was clean as a whistle (Good Tap!), I just put some fresh premix in and after about two rotations of the pedals it was off.!
It got a good cleanup of course, that made a huge difference on it's own.

The buyer rode it a few yards up the drive to satisfy himself that the gears/clutch were good..

Paid £91 for it, probably another £100 in manuals and new parts, the rest traded.. I was gonna put it on Ebay at £200, my mate said I was nuts, £500 at least.. The buyer offered £800 off the bat and came from Warwick...
Back to top Go down
yam3anarthur

yam3anarthur

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... EmptySun Oct 18 2020, 21:55

wow!!! result

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another money pit.....   another money pit..... Empty

Back to top Go down

another money pit.....
Page 1 of 1