Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum

Go down 
+11
Admin
markhoopy
andysej
philswiv
Artie
sobriety
Haggler
Alan H
Rob62
wozzap
Wolfie
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  Empty
PostSubject: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyWed Oct 18 2017, 21:26

That didn't take long..

Well it was sort of inevitable I suppose, and not unexpected. BUT it just shows that Robbo has had the capability to log into the Forum all the time but simply couldn't be arsed.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyWed Oct 18 2017, 22:22

Seroiusly!!  Thats fooking outrageous..
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyWed Oct 18 2017, 22:36

Well ive deleted my account. I checked to see if gary has been on line, he hasn’t but i know he has another account that he uses to have a sneaky look round..... your account has been added to the banned list.

Just goes to show what type of guy he is, ignores the forum for 2 or 3 years... then logs on and bans a moderator who has helped look after the forum in his absence. He wont be back permanently thats for sure and he now has no moderators for the time being...

Lets wait and see how many of the members migrate here, I’m pretty sure that kind of behaviour wont go down too well... The “missing moderators” post has gone too but plenty have already seen it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyWed Oct 18 2017, 23:10

I expect that my posts were all deleted too, so it'll take word of mouth to let people know where we are..

I could of course simply sign up under a new name, or does that need a moderator to accept it?
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 07:19

Your ip address will be banned.... so unless you have another pc you can use... I wouldn’t worry, we get to see plenty of members off the forum, word will soon get round

It doesn’t requie admin to accept new members these days, although he may have now reverted... that was another one of the old forum problems for years if you remember.... new members signing up and having to wait a month or two until gary got round to accepting the new accounts....
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 08:24

Bloody hell that was quick. So someone has tipped him off as I'm guessing he didn't just happen by and see it!!
Stinks though!!
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 08:42

He hasnt been on for over a year and hasnt posted for 2 or 3....
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 08:48

Rob62 wrote:
He hasnt been on for over a year and hasnt posted for 2 or 3....

So, who's the grass then?
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 09:06

My next door neighbour mows mine while I'm in the garage 'fettling' me bikes!
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 09:20

Wolfie wrote:
I expect that my posts were all deleted too, so it'll take word of mouth to let people know where we are..

I could of course simply sign up under a new name, or does that need a moderator to accept it?

Your profile and posts are still there - except the one with the link to this forum surprisingly. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 10:16

That is surprising, but I have done much to benefit his forum over the years, seems like he's keeping the good bits only then.

I thought someone would inevitably tell him, but that was quicker than I expected. Hey ho..

Actually, I had a text in draft for Gary even before I put it on the forum, which began with the words, "Just so you can't say that I have done things behind your back..."

Then I thought 'if I do send the text first, I'll be gone from the Forum before he lets me..' so it stayed in draft.

I said in the Forum post that I had no issues with him, and I hadn't, other then his reluctance to do anything with the site nor let anyone else. There have been Forums all over the bike world which have been run and then closed by a single owner, I see no reason to think Gary wouldn't do the same when he gets fed up or too old (or worse).

Also as I said, this is not MY Forum, it is everyone's. I will Admin it and look after it gladly as long as users are happy with that and there will be others with the same level of Admin access at all times.

Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 10:33

So, how much does this free forum cost then?
I realise that the 'free' forae don't allow direct posting of pics etc., but what would it cost to allow that?
I go on other forae (yep, really) that do allow pics to be posted direct, but that means they have to pay for more bandwidth and storage. Just wondering - I'd put a few bob in if needbe.
Back to top Go down
Haggler

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 10:35

Sort of the tooting popular front of bike forums then drunken
Back to top Go down
sobriety

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 11:54

If the name fits...
Back to top Go down
Artie

Artie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 19:44

Bloody hell Gra I have only just seen this but I was wondering where your thread had gone and why Rob had removed himself.
I cannot believe(or maybe I can)Robbo has behaved like this towards you but he deserves the 2T Forum to crash and burn.
The new Forum is going to take a bit of getting used to but we,ll get there and I,ll support you guys as much as I can and hopefully we can all make a success of it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 19:52

Well It's been free so far. There are add-ons and widgets that I haven't had chance to investigate yet, which may improve things possibly at a cost.
The Forum is linked to it's own Picture hosting site, it makes the upload of Pics a little complicated.

I have been off ill the last couple of days so there's been plenty of time to fiddle with settings.

i expect to be back to work tomorrow so just the evening to do stuff then the weekend.

I'll look to see if Pic uploading can be simplified.

Last edited by Wolfie on Thu Oct 19 2017, 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 20:00

No worries Artie and thanks for the support, I suppose Gary couldn't simply allow me to advertise a new Forum openly, he would have to put a stop to that. I was surprised just how quick he turned up (and used a secret login account) to do it after being absent for so long, It's probable that someone gave him a prod.

However. I have mailed all his top posters this afternoon so they will all know about it.

And unfortunately, there is only Parky left to Moderate and he rarely logs in.
Back to top Go down
philswiv

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 22:14

[img]I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  October_Ride_Out_012[/img]
Back to top Go down
philswiv

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 22:15

I can post pics....easy peasy Smile
Back to top Go down
andysej

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyThu Oct 19 2017, 22:31

Ayup Wolfie. Thanks for the invite to the new forum. First i've heard about this new forum when I read your message on the 2stroke forum (which is still on now buy the way). Not surprised though. Not seen Gary R myself for ages, but he's currently having a wobble at someone on facebook, could be you?? Nice to speak with you at Stafford.
Back to top Go down
markhoopy

markhoopy

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 09:27

Wolfie might have been banned from the group but Randall J Nelson is back again today - this time as Randall John Nelson - commenting on loads of threads with his dead kid stuff and a pm to every member too just in case they miss it.
If there are no moderators there it could be around for a while too ..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 10:19

Oh dear, he has been a busy little bee, theres's a feckin million posts.

And you lot... Set of barsteds..  Publicly saying goodbye too, Gary will be pissed with me now. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://classic-2stroke.forumotion.com
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 10:22

Admin wrote:
Oh dear, he has been a busy little bee, theres's a feckin million posts.

And you lot... Set of barsteds..  Publicly saying goodbye too, Gary will be pissed with me now. Embarassed

Fuck him, this is about mates Cool

Has he joined here yet?
Back to top Go down
Nick69

Nick69

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 10:32

Robbo's just been on the other site and deleted Randalls posts and says he'll be sorted the forum out confused # littlebitlatemethinks
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  EmptyFri Oct 20 2017, 12:43

That's not quite what he said on the phone a moment ago.. I won't go into details but he is gonna consider the future of the Forum.

We are still friends, so that's a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum    I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum  Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been banned from 2Stroke Forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next