Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Have you?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfie

PostSubject: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 12:37

All fallen asleep??

Gone very quiet all of a once..
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 13:11

It sure looks like it Gra.. confused
Back to top Go down
Polecat

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 14:26

Maybe everyone is busy in their garages/sheds. Or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Russpuss

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 16:27

Had Gary on FB asking me to rejoin other forum, wonder if all gone back there?
Back to top Go down
Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 17:53

Well I still play in both yards.
Had problems with our lass's Ma the last week. 89 and not very well, unfortunately, so not too much spare time for bikes/garage etc.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:25

I haven't looked in there for a while, but just went to have look, It's ticking over nicely but I wouldn't have said 'busy'..

I did notice that the "Members" list option has disappeared so I couldn't tell if Gary has appointed an extra admin or it's it's still a dictatorship.
Back to top Go down
Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 21:41

Not quite. It's more of a committee nowadays.
I'm a mod on there now, so if you think that's a conflict of interests, I'll stop visiting here, but people on here are still mates - even the ones who I haven't met and may not agree with.
Although the people that I agree with all the time are endangered species nowadays - it's called individuality, and it means we can have different viewpoints and still be sociable.

Let me know what you think anyway. If you don't want me here, Wolfie has my phone number and email.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 21:56

Like it says on the banner Alan, everybody is welcome
Back to top Go down
Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Tue Nov 14 2017, 22:01

Cheers bud. (Wipes brow and gets another drink!)
Back to top Go down
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 07:25

Yep, no problems here either Alan..

So it's good that Gary has appointed others, but is there more than one Admin?

That's the point I really can't get past, single admin means if/when he gets fed up/annoyed or missing/lost in action- whatever, no one else can take up the reins.

That was how we came to be at Chez Gary in the first place.
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 09:00

I am still lurking, just mad busy so not had chance to logon to anything recently
Back to top Go down
wozzap

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 10:05

I was as unhappy as anyone about the spam and Wolfies treatment for saying what I'm sure many others were thinking. I don't know everyone involved so it's not so much of an issue of personalities for me and the old forum closing overnight didn't really effect me as I was quite new to it anyway.
I didn't delete my profile there, mainly as I'm a lazy feker and didn't get round to it and I was pleased to find Gary being active and a new moderator team. I was less than happy that one of the new mods chose to start by throwing his weight about, but I guess when you give some people a high viz vest.....
Anyway, that seemed to be nipped in the bud pretty quickly and there appears to be a generally well rounded moderation team in place now and things have settled down.
So, now to the bit that might prove unpopular here Embarassed
I had a few threads going there, that I'd like to roll along with. I could post all the same stuff here, but it feels like I'd be saying the same thing to (largely) the same audience. I've had a go here (not much in the way of two stroke stuff happening in my life at the mo so not a lot to say) but it doesn't get the response as most have seen it all before.
In all honesty, I think this is going to be the issue for others as well, so that's maybe why it's all gone a bit quiet here.
Obviously it's not a decision for me how you want to move forward with this, but my dispassionate view would be to smoke the pipe of peace with Gary and get back to business as usual. I've thought about this a bit and websites (or Forum) are like putting a signpost up in the desert, unless someone happens by then the audience wont grow. So I don't really see an alternative, unless you want to throw a FaceBook magnitude marketing budget at it and find a whole new audience.

Back to top Go down
Steve63

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 12:53

It seems to me that people are now split across two forums instead of one so both have become quieter as a result.
Back to top Go down
andysej

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 17:49

It seems a bit of a sad situation to me. Everyone was happy on the other forum. However the owner and sole administrator was absent for several years leaving all the moderating to 2 people and was reluctant to give any of the needed administration powers away, hence the 2 mods in question are now on here. This situation is totally of Gary's making. He seems to be present on his forum again for now, but for how long, who knows.

I think we as a group of like minded 2 stroke fans deserve better (and i mean members of both forums). This forum is an attempt to provide such a place. Who knows what will happen in the end?

All i do know is that it seems unlikely that members will double post in 2 places, so we as an online group are now split through one mans actions. Harsh! maybe, i know Gary has had problems, but this is the result.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 18:56

Thats exactly what this forum is for.... not a rival but a new home.... One that we can share ownership and not be beholden to a single (absent) dictator... but heyho
Back to top Go down
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 20:33

Oh dear, I see Robert Mugabe is having a spot of bovver.. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Wed Nov 15 2017, 21:06

Ebagum, lad. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Steve63

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Thu Nov 16 2017, 08:25

Wolfie wrote:
Oh dear, I see Robert Mugabe is having a spot of bovver.. lol! lol!

The army have taken over the running of the country but have said it's not a coup d'etat. Maybe they should consult a dictionary?

Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Thu Nov 16 2017, 12:48

At 93 he’s had a bloody good run!
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Thu Nov 16 2017, 14:28

Rob62 wrote:
At 93 he’s had a bloody good run!
what Gary Robbo or Robert Mugabe !! confused lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Thu Nov 16 2017, 18:33

Haha....  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mervin

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Fri Nov 17 2017, 20:32

I am a mod there now , and so is Ardee so we have a female mod , as for Mugabe he should give Rhodesia back to the Rhodesians

Back to top Go down
Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Fri Nov 17 2017, 21:23

They were all exiled and the land given to ebagum's mates, which is why zimbabwe is knackered and has been since all the white people were forcibly removed.
Back to top Go down
Haggler

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Sat Nov 18 2017, 17:24

I'm still here but just not had a lot to say, 2 strokes on the back burner at mo affraid
Back to top Go down
Artie

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   Sat Nov 18 2017, 19:17

I,ll be honest like Mitch and say I understand why we ended up like this but it doesn,t do anyone any favours really.
I do not want to end up in a situation where we are all bloody separated at the end of the day I count you all as good mates and hope that continues and we,ll all be out on the chippy runs or whatever next year.
Like Mitch says for me with the LC FB page and The 2t Forum I am struggling with the time to post on 3 groups that the same people will see anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you?   

Back to top Go down

Have you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic 2Stroke Yorks :: General Chit-Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: