Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

is every bugger hibernating?

Go down 
+3
Wolfie
Rob62
dollydog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dollydog

dollydog

is every bugger hibernating? Empty
PostSubject: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 09:26

no posts for 2 days and it's not even cold yet Very Happy
somebody get sumat going - i'm bored Rolling Eyes
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 11:04

Aye its a bit quiet... 55 members but most seem to have joined then buggered off Rolling Eyes nevermind, its early days yet.....
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 11:31

as we say round here 'she be rate' Very Happy
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 13:58

Nope, I was in the garage this week...

And at Rufforth this morning, neither of which has a PC...

And, I'll be back in the garage shortly... if it dries up, maybe even out on the road (testing).
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 14:19

Its lovely and sunny here but i’m decorating pale  Once its done ill be in the garage putting another swing arm onto the NSR (slightly better cosmetic condition than the current one thats all)... then I’ll be making a start on my winter project which unfortunately has too many strokes Very Happy but i’ll still cover it on here, in the appropriate corner of course....
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 15:30

Been out!

It's brisk but not quite as cold as I expected, the new engine is very stuffy when setting off but a little tickle of the choke lever perks it up so I reckon it's very week at the bottom, I might even sort that with the airscrews. Pilot jets at most..

is every bugger hibernating? Imag0110
Back to top Go down
Polecat

Polecat

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 15:41

Looking good Graham, I do like spokes.
Back to top Go down
blackhat400

blackhat400

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySat Nov 04 2017, 18:38

Aye wolfie, my rd was like that, almost needed the choke on to pull away, i upped the pilots,, cured that,,, Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySun Nov 05 2017, 10:35

And your'e wrong for today DD, it IS bleedin' cold, everything was white over when I got up.. I might just stop in.

Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySun Nov 05 2017, 11:02

cold? it's glorious here. bright sunshine and blue skies Very Happy
always warmer here, surrounded by hills, and very rare we get snow.
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySun Nov 05 2017, 21:45

kh looks very similar to mine, just slightly darker blue. what year is it? mine was 1976 and was a year old when i bought it from granby's Very Happy NTO 177P and for some reason it's not on the dvla any more. often wondered what happened to my first ever jap bike. it was very boring though after all those brit bikes. it never broke down, it always fired up first or second kick, the lights worked and nothing ever fell off it - apart from me Very Happy
cheers, dd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptySun Nov 05 2017, 22:49

KH?? You heathen.. Very Happy 1975 S1c, the model before the KH.

Halibut Blue..
Back to top Go down
dollydog

dollydog

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyMon Nov 06 2017, 10:11

sorry Embarassed to me, if it's a triple kwak, it's a kh or h Very Happy
a story from my past: my mate was out on his early 350 triple and blatting down willowcroft hill in the wet. willowcroft is short, but steep and at the 90 degree bend at the bottom is a row of armco. with me so far? anyway, he lost the front and ended up hitting the armco head first. BUT, the year was 1973, the helmet law came into being the day before and this was the first time he'd ever worn one. ended up with a broken arm, but alive and well Very Happy
sorry, i'm bored, dd.
Back to top Go down
Polecat

Polecat

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyMon Nov 06 2017, 14:18

There was a short steep hill with a 90 degree left hand bend at the bottom near where I lived when I had my fizzy when I was 16, I can't remember the speed now but everyone reckoned you couldn't get round the corner above that speed. Well I had to prove them wrong and I did, buy a few miles an hour. Unfortunately when I got round the corner I hit the kerb and fell off. Luckily there was no one about to see it. Apart from the bloke that came out of his house and bollocked me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyMon Nov 06 2017, 15:04

What happened to all those big blokes that used to come along at the wrong time and bollock us as young 'ens??

I'm sure that's not us..
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyTue Nov 07 2017, 08:33

not hibernating, just bloody manic fixing peoples bikes, noit sure what the urgency is given the weather for riding is almost done, but people seem keen to get their bikes fixed at the moment

maybe I should start "what am I fixing today" thread for you DD ! - should provide some laughs, especially if I do a live feed with running commentary as the swearing at times is choice !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve63

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyTue Nov 07 2017, 13:20

Wolfie wrote:
KH?? You heathen.. Very Happy  1975 S1c, the model before the KH.

Halibut Blue..

When was a Halibut blue?

The last piece I had was white on the flesh side and grey on the skin and................it was good enough for Jehova.
Back to top Go down
Polecat

Polecat

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyTue Nov 07 2017, 14:14

Steve63 wrote:

When was a Halibut blue?

When it was swearing maybe?
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? EmptyTue Nov 07 2017, 21:57

I didn't invent the name.. Perhaps Halibut are Blue in Japan. I daresay that sea is a little chilly over there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is every bugger hibernating?   is every bugger hibernating? Empty

Back to top Go down

is every bugger hibernating?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic 2Stroke Yorks :: General Chit-Chat :: Have a Moan-
Jump to: