Classic 2Stroke Yorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based in Yorkshire, the centre of the known Universe.. But open to all. Everyone is welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..

Go down 
+2
Rob62
Wolfie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. Empty
PostSubject: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 19:01

My Winter project is finished, Mind you, it has taken two years to get all the engine bits prepared and treated by the experts but then just two weeks to put everything in it's place.
And you wouldn't even know anything has changed...
 Twisted Evil

Last edited by Wolfie on Tue Oct 31 2017, 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 19:12

Very nice, what model is it? Is it gonna end up with a standard airbox fitted...?
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 19:56

The Standard airbox will have a slightly larger intake but is actually there, I simply haven't refitted the rubber inlets yet.. I had to return to the comfort of the house since the garage fire has run out of gas.. Brrr

It's my little S1c often seen at two stroke doo's and at Squires. She looks even more standard than she has for the last 30 years now (ie the correct no of fins on the cylinders), I daresay those Triples Club guys will still pick the nits out of the work.
But even they'll have to get the magnifying glasses out.

I'll have to be thinking about a visit to Mr Nutts again..
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 20:12

Ahh... very nice. What does she need at mr nutts. A run up on the dyno?
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 20:26

Yep we chucked her down the Dyno a couple of months ago to get some "before" figures.

He's busy before Christmas unfortunately.

And I would like some shakedown rides first anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 20:30

I keep thinking i should get the rd on a dyno...she pulls ok but i bet the settings are miles out!
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyTue Oct 31 2017, 22:02

Mutts is yer man, but as above he's busy for this year.
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 08:27

well done Wolfie, got a few slots available before Christmas now, managed to get some jobs out of the way which where slowing me down, give me a shout and we will see if any of the dates align with when you think you might be ready
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 08:28

Rob62 wrote:
I keep thinking i should get the rd on a dyno...she pulls ok but i bet the settings are miles out!

Rob, have a few slots available before Christmas if you want to contact me to organise
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 10:05

I'd like a few rides and possibly fiddle with the jetting first Dave and time is running out now of course for this year.. as usual I only get me ass in gear when there's a deadline..

I'll get in touch when I 'm happy that she's ready to roll..

I tell you what.. she sounds like an RD now..!
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 12:51

muttsnuts wrote:
Rob62 wrote:

Rob, have a few slots available before Christmas if you want to contact me to organise
Cheers Dave but it will be next spring before she comes back out to play..... I wunt mind getting the carbs off and getting you to give em a good going over though, brass balls out and a good clean, if you’re up for it... They were ultra sonic cleaned a few years ago but i suspect they may still be blocked in the idle circuit somewhere....
Back to top Go down
wozzap

wozzap

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 14:18

You're as bad as Swiv!
I've got plenty of WIP you can come and get stuck into if you are bored!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 15:09

I'll find summat else to do, on those last two rides out, mile after mile on the motorway she started to skip out of 5th.. sound like more gears to undercut.

Once the little bike clears the workbench there will be a H2 shaped hole on there.
Back to top Go down
muttsnuts

muttsnuts

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 15:50

Rob62 wrote:
muttsnuts wrote:
Rob62 wrote:

Cheers Dave but it will be next spring before she comes back out to play..... I wunt mind getting the carbs off and getting you to give em a good going over though, brass balls out and a good clean, if you’re up for it... They were ultra sonic cleaned a few years ago but i suspect they may still be blocked in the idle circuit somewhere....

no worries Rob, just give us a shout when you want the carbs doing, either pop them in the post or bring them across and I'll do them while you wait
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptyWed Nov 01 2017, 18:03

Cheers Dave.... I’ll get back to you Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySat Nov 11 2017, 16:00

Well I ordered some Pilot Jets late in the week, thinking I could probably get them fitted today..

Post(office)man came this morning and rang the gate bell.. handed a package over the gate (for Jane  Mad )

So, I just got back from walking the big beast down the fields, checked the post box on the gate and there's my Jets!! WTF.. Delivered by  the Post Office!
Why didn't postie hand both packages over the gate, or say he'd just put another one in the box?

I despair sometimes.

Anyhow we're going for a Chinky with Scouse and Jo tonight so there's no time to put them in today.

It'll be tomorrow now, but it'll also be feckin cold tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySun Nov 12 2017, 08:42

Parcelforce & 'ordinary' post office are different departments in the same asylum and don't associate wi' one another.

Last edited by Alan H on Sun Nov 12 2017, 12:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polecat

Polecat

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySun Nov 12 2017, 09:37

I can just picture the scene tonight, Jane and Jo sat staring into space, Wolfie and Scouse with carbs spread all over the table in the chinky.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Wolfie

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySun Nov 12 2017, 15:34

There were Carbs of the nutritional variety spread all over the table... Mmmm, Lovely they were too.

Well the Jets are in and a ride out ensued.. fkme it's cold out there.

That's cleaned up the bottom end, I can pull away without poking the choke lever now.

Still a bit stuffy mid range though and poking the choke just made it worserer so I put the Circlips up to the top of the needles and it didn't make a blind bit of difference
By that time it was time to get home, my digits wouldn't have managed another Clip adjustment,
they have a habit of going Ping anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rob62
Admin
Rob62

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySun Nov 12 2017, 18:58

Its too bloody cold for 2stroke fettling....you should be indoors with your slippers and a nice hot coco...Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alan H

Alan H

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. EmptySun Nov 12 2017, 20:44

Wolfie wrote:

By that time it was time to get home, my digits wouldn't have managed another Clip adjustment,
they have a habit of going Ping anyway.

Pingy digits are to be avoided at all cost - as I found out a couple of years ago when I chopped a finger end off. Shocked

And do try and keep your bottom end clean, you can get more than one day out of your shreddies then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..   Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well winter hasn't even got up steam yet and..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic 2Stroke Yorks :: In the Garage / Workshop :: Restorations-
Jump to: